- $19 for two tickets to Olmsted Performing Arts: The 2013 Thanksgiving Bluegrass Showcase (up to $38.50 value)
- When: Wednesday, November 27, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Olmsted Performing Arts Centre
- Seating: reserved section, indicated in yellow on the seating chart
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The 2013 Thanksgiving Bluegrass Showcase
- Who you'll see: The Blue Ribbon Bluegrass Band, The Mayfields, and JP and the Chatfield Boys
- Headliners who mesh reggae and modern folk into their Appalachian sound: JP and the Chatfield Boys
- Where you may have seen them: performing with bluegrass legend Jesse McReynolds and country-music hero Charlie Louvin
- Where you've seen the wife and hubby duo of The Mayfields: touring in the late, great Bill Monroe's bus with the rest of their kin as part of the family band One Way Rider
- The Blue Ribbon Bluegrass Band's ties to the scene: they've opened for Dr. Ralph Stanley and performed at Delfest, the Woodstock of bluegrass
- What to expect: happy families, toe-tapping, sunshine harmonies, dueling banjos, and agreeing banjos
Olmsted Performing Arts Center
When a performance studio stages The Sound of Music as its first production only months after opening, you know it means business. For the staff of Olmsted Performing Arts, their dedication to developing students' acting skills and hunger for creative expression continues to generate inspiring performances. These range from classic Rodgers and Hammerstein showtunes to song-and-dance numbers from Footloose, a rousing tale about the adventures of a barefoot podiatrist.