What You'll Get
According to legend, Babe Ruth pointed his bat toward the sky to let his fans know exactly where the flesh-eating aliens were coming from. See the greats be great with this Groupon.
- Two or four tickets to see an Omaha Storm Chasers game
- Where: Werner Park
- Seating: Box seating in sections 100–111 and 116–125
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $10 for two tickets (up to a $23 value)
- $19 for four tickets (up to a $46 value)
For either option, choose from the following games:
- Against the Round Rock Express on Saturday, July 13, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Express on Sunday, July 14, at 2:05 p.m.
- Against the Oklahoma City RedHawks on Monday, July 22, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the RedHawks on Wednesday, July 24, at 12:05 p.m.
- Against the Nashville Sounds on Saturday, July 27, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sounds on Monday, July 29, at 7:05 p.m.
The game on July 27 features a power-blue hat giveaway, and various other dates feature specials such as $1 hot dogs and half-price burgers.
After a 2–1 12-inning victory on July 1, it looks like the Storm Chasers' pitching staff is heating up as the season rolls into the dog days of summer. The game marked Everett Teaford's 16th consecutive Omaha start without a loss, during which he's maintained a 1.38 ERA, and as a unit, the pitching staff recorded 19 strikeouts in the extra-innings victory, the team's most since 1999. Looking forward, recent acquisition Yordano Ventura seeks to prove his position as the Royals number-three prospect and as a Storm Chaser by striking out batters and learning how to repair doppler radars.
Omaha Storm Chasers
Formerly the Omaha Royals, the Storm Chasers have represented the Kansas City Royals in AAA baseball for more than four decades. In the early days, when the clubs still shared a name and always finished each other's sentences, Omaha reached the American Association League finals 10 times between 1969 and 1990, taking home four championship titles. After a quiet period through the nineties and aughts, the decision in 2011 to rename the team coincided with a return to form on the field, as the Storm Chasers won the Pacific Coast League championship that season and made a return trip to the finals in 2012.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 29, 2013. Limit 3/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of option purchased at venue. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Werner Park. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Omaha Storm Chasers' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Gates open 1hr and 20min before first pitch. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.