Contrary to popular belief, all the world is not a stage—sometimes people just say things to get attention. See an actual stage with this GrouponLive deal to On Stage at Kingsborough in Brooklyn. Choose from the following shows:
- For $14, you get one ticket to all wear bowlers on Saturday, April 21, at 8 p.m. (up to a $28 value, including ticketing fees).
- For $14, you get one ticket to Paul Taylor’s Taylor 2 on Saturday, May 5, at 8 p.m. (up to a $28 value, including ticketing fees).
- For $25, you get one ticket to each of the following shows (up to a $56 value, including ticketing fees):
- All Wear Bowlers on Saturday, April 21, at 8 p.m.
- Paul Taylor’s Taylor 2 on Saturday, May 5, at 8 p.m.<p>
The best available seating will be assigned to customers at the time of purchase.
Hailed by the New York Times as “singularly inventive and surreal,” all wear bowlers treats audiences to a comic evening of confusion and wonder. Starting out on a black and white screen, two silent-film actors accidentally burst forth onto the stage, growing increasingly manic as they struggle to cope with malfunctioning laws of gravity, malicious ventriloquist dummies, and the unexpected presence of an audience. Vaudevillian magic and pratfalls evoke Laurel and Hardy while an explosive current of surrealism and existential terror bubbles beneath the surface, recalling Samuel Beckett, René Magritte, and angsty teen volcanoes.
Legendary choreographer Paul Taylor’s Taylor 2 comprises an elite strike force of six dancers who pare down the master’s greatest works to make it easier to tour around the world and split the check at restaurants. The group’s repertoire includes such famous Taylor pieces as Funny Papers, inspired by those who read the comics before the news headlines, and Airs, which syncs exuberant choreography to stately and playful baroque melodies.
2001 Oriental Blvd.
Brooklyn, New York 11235