- $50 for one G-Pass to ONE MusicFest (up to $65.25 value)
- When: Saturday, September 12, 2015
- Where: Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 12 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Click here to view the lineup
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Ms. Lauryn Hill: She first floored you as L-Boogie (the rich and raspy alto of ’90s rebel R&B trio the Fugees), changed the game with the essential The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, and then proved she hadn’t lost her edge with 2014’s politically-charged, Ferguson-focused “Black Rage.” Recently she’s lent her smoky voice to the compilation, Nina Revisited: A Tribute to Nina Simone.
- The Roots: This venerable Philly hip-hop outfit, founded by rhyme-master Black Thought and ubiquitous drummer ?uestlove, made their mark as one of the first real bands in hip-hop. Somehow they’ve since managed to record Grammy-nominated albums while juggling their day/night job on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
- A$AP Rocky: With the hooks and hazy swagger found in his debut mixtape, Live. Love. A$AP, Rocky became the breakout artist of the A$AP Mob hip-hop collective and landed two No. 1 albums in a row. The latest, At. Long. Last. A$AP, is packed with hits such as “Everyday” (featuring Rod Stewart) and “Jukebox Joints” (featuring Kanye).
- Wale: This D.C. rapper’s pulsing rhythms, mighty lexicon, and snappy syntax earned him a coveted role in Rick Ross’s Maybach Music empire, a Grammy nomination for “Lotus Flower Bomb,” a Soul Train Award, and BET’s Best Club Banger Hip Hop Award. Expect infectious hits such as “Chillin’,” “World Tour,” and tracks from his latest Seinfeld-inspired mixtape, The Album About Nothing.
- Janelle Monae: This psychedelic soul singer, producer, and Cover Girl model has scored six Grammy nominations (including three for her vocal turn in .fun’s “We Are Young”), a slew of video awards (and praise from Prince) for the striking Erykah Badu collaboration “Q.U.E.E.N.,” and love from her hometown of Boston, which proclaimed October 16, “Janelle Monáe Day.”
- Other Very Notable Acts: Raekwon | Ghostface Killah | Big Krit | Scarface | Eightball & MJG | Jidenna | SZA | St. Beauty | Raury | The Internet | Bun B | Roman Gianarthur | Deep Cotton