What You'll Get
It’s often said that what matters is the singer, not the song, which is why music fans are still moved by Bing Crosby’s rendition of “99 Bottles of Beer.” Savor a voice that could sing the phone book with today’s GrouponLive deal for performances at the Akron Civic Theatre. Choose from the following options:
- Get one ticket to see Yo Gabba Gabba! Live! It’s Time to Dance! on Tuesday, September 27. Choose from the following seating options and showtimes:
- For $13, you get one reserved balcony ticket to the 4 p.m. (a $26.75 value).
- For $13, you get one reserved balcony ticket to the 7 p.m. (a $26.75 value).
- For $17, you get one reserved rear orchestra ticket to the 4 p.m. show (a $34.75 value).
- For $17, you get one reserved rear orchestra ticket to the 7 p.m. show (a $34.75 value).
- For $19, you get one reserved front orchestra ticket to the 4 p.m. show (a $39.75 value).
For $19, you get one reserved front orchestra ticket to the 7 p.m. show (a $39.75 value).
- For $25, you get two tickets to see “Only the Lonely: The Music of Roy Orbison” performed by The Ryan Humbert Band at on Saturday, September 24, at 8 p.m. (a $50 value). voucher holders can sit in the best available seats anywhere in the house.
After mastering the soulful lyrics and soothing melodies that characterize Roy Orbison’s repertoire, The Ryan Humbert Band performed for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s American Music Masters series honoring the bygone crooner. Ryan Humbert has mingled notes with such stars as Elvis Costello and Third Eye Blind, proving that unlike his relationship with redwood trees, he can collaborate with famous musicians without being overshadowed. For its tribute concert at the Akron Civic Theatre, the nine-piece band will resurrect 20 of Orbison’s greatest hits, from the upbeat “Oh, Pretty Woman” and “You Got It” to the lovelorn “Only the Lonely.” Boasting a string section and a knack for growling “Mercy!” at attractive dames without being slapped, the band also burnishes golden oldies such as “Blue Bayou” and “Running Scared.” voucher holders can snag seats anywhere in the house, opting to get up close to toss roses and ripe tomatoes onstage or ascending to upper levels to test their vine-swinging abilities.
Alternatively, voucher holders can experience the live stylings of the hit Nickelodeon children’s program Yo Gabba Gabba!, whose characters bound from the small screen to the big stage in a show filled with cartoonish critters and jubilant dancing. Beloved by hip preschoolers and savvy postschoolers for its eye-popping sets, catchy songs, respect for intellect, and absence of Shrek, Yo Gabba Gabba! teaches inner and outer children valuable life lessons without stooping to condescension. For the special It’s Time to Dance! tour, favourite adorable toy monsters such as Brobee, Foofa, Plex, and Biz Markie join human surrogates DJ Lance Rock and BeDazzler queen Leslie Hall for an onstage celebration of imagination. Mixing animation, games, and new songs with classic bits from the television show, the technicolor mise en scène and infectious energy of Yo Gabba Gabba! Live! gives children enough confidence to apply to college after elementary school.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option and date purchased. Redeem on day of show for admission at Akron Civic Theatre box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Akron Civic Theatre box office. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Akron Civic Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.