- $28 for one ticket to an Ontario Reign preseason hockey game against the Bakersfield Condors, plus one ticket to any regular season home game through December 21 ($48.75 value)
- When: Saturday, October 11, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Citizens Business Bank Arena
- Seating: Wrap Around Attack (sections 106–114)
- Door time: 1 hour before game time
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to see the schedule.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Scouting Report
Despite a perennially strong roster, the Kelly Cup seems to just elude the hockey-gloved grasp of the Ontario Reign. Last season, the team secured its third-straight Pacific Division title, earning 44 victories and 95 points. Unfortunately, their title hopes were dashed early as the Reign were upset by heavy underdogs the Stockton Thunder in a surprising first-round loss.
When the 2014–2015 season gets underway in mid-October, the Reign will use this memory to fuel them on their way to another year of regular season dominance. The squad takes the ice for the first time on October 11 for a preseason clash with the Bakersfield Condors, a prime opportunity to kick-start their traditional displays of offensive might, impenetrable goaltending, and wild zamboni taming. They’ll certainly have their hands full: the Condors not only vanquished the Reign’s usurpers, the Thunder, 4 games to 1 in the playoffs last year, it took the eventual-champion Alaska Aces to send them packing.
From 2001–2015, the Reign were known, aptly enough, as the Monarchs. Their kingdom was Manchester, New Hampshire, and in 14 seasons there they reached the AHL playoffs 13 times, finally claiming the Calder Cup in 2014–15. Fresh off that franchise high note, the team moved to California in 2015, taking over the former ECHL team's name while retaining its proud affiliation with the Los Angeles Kings. As part of a brand new AHL division, the Reign's challenge will be to continue their historic dominance on the ice while trying to finally convince the referees to serve as their court jesters.