Although 20% of babies who were exposed to classical music in utero become doctors or lawyers, 100% of babies born on stage during a classical-music performance become Bill Gates. Upgrade your evening with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see Opera Coeur d’Alene’s Rigoletto
- When: Friday, September 13, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Schuler Auditorium at Boswell Hall
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $29 for bargain seating in the rear balcony section, marked in purple on the seating chart (up to a $67 value)
- $39 for fair seating in the side orchestra and front balcony section, marked in pink on the seating chart (up to an $87 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student discounts.<p>
Opera Coeur d’Alene Presents Rigoletto
One of Giuseppe Verdi’s most popular pieces, Rigoletto weaves a dark story of love and betrayal that tugs heart strings into trick knots. Audiences are introduced to the womanizing Duke of Mantua, his hunchbacked jester Rigoletto, and Rigoletto’s daughter Gilda. While his boss charms his way through a tour of the city’s beds, Rigoletto mocks his conquests’ husbands, defiant of their wealth and power. But the cuckolded courtiers are determined to bring the jester to heel—even if it means sacrificing the beautiful Gilda, who has in her innocence begun to be won over by the lecherous duke.<p>
Verdi’s tragic tale gave rise to some of the most famous arias in operatic history. The Duke’s iconic solo “La donna è mobile,” for instance, proved so catchy that attendees performed karaoke covers of it in the street.<p>
Schuler Auditorium at Boswell Hall
1000 West Garden Avenue
Coeur D'Alene, ID 83814