- C$29 for one ticket to see Opera Luminata (up to C$71.25 value)
- When: Saturday, February 8, at 2 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Where: The Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Seating: best available
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.<p>
Highlights from Opera Luminata
For the cast of the fully staged showcase Opera Luminata, no aria is too intimidating to master. Against a backdrop of pyrotechnics and kaleidoscopic lighting, the ensemble of tenors, baritones, altos, and sopranos sing compositions from renowned operas, as well as showtunes first heard in classic musicals and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s shower. The buoyant chorus from The Phantom of the Opera’s “Masquerade” rings out as the singers strut the stage in their multicoloured masks, and “The Toreador Song” from Carmen highlights the dramatic baritone of the story’s matador, Escamillo. Made famous by celebrated tenor Luciano Pavarotti, “La Donna e Mobile” soars and dips alongside a sweeping orchestra, and “Belle Nuit, ô Nuit d’Amour” from _The Tales of Hoffman_ blends the acrobatic pipes of two singers into a goosebump-inducing duet.