- Opera on Tap presents Shadows, Stories, and Songs
- When: Friday, August 14 and Saturday, August 15 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Instituto Cervantes
- General admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- $10 for one ticket on Saturday (up to $21.69 value)
- $20 for two tickets on either Friday or Saturday (up to $43.38 value)
Shadows, Stories, and Songs
- Opera on Tap: an independent production company devoted to bringing opera to the general public—this time, by putting on two one-act musical works from Spanish composers
- The Guest at the Sevillano Inn: when the beautiful daughter of a swordsmith is kidnapped, her rescue is up to court painter Juan Luis, his squire Rodrigo, and kitchen maid Constancica
- Master Peter’s Puppet Show: drawn from an episode in Don Quixote, this is a shadow-puppet show about legendary knight Don Gayferos and his number-one fan, the titular overzealous knight errant
Co-produced by New World Productions