Future opera singers are easily identified at birth due to their multi-octave crying and graceful bows as they emerge from the womb. Check out how far these toddling tenors have come with this GrouponLive deal.
- $18 for two tickets to a Opera Pro Cantanti performance (up to a $36 value)
- When: any performance through June 30, 2013. Shows are held most Sundays at 7 p.m.
- Where: Cambrian Hall
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the schedule of performances.
Opera Pro Cantanti
As one of Canada's only repertory opera companies, Opera Pro Cantanti is the pride and joy of founder, artistic director, and occasional soloist Richard Williams––a man who has led choirs performing for the Royal Family. The company's cast consistently rehearse a collection of staple operas, allowing them to perform a rotating schedule of classics year-round. For the 2013 season, the singers celebrate Verdi’s 200th birthday with the composer's breakout hit Nabucco, best known for “Va, pensiero,” a plaintive chorus sung by Hebrew slaves under the harsh rule of the titular Babylonian king. Opera Pro Cantanti rounds out the season with cornerstone works from Bellini, such as I Capuleti e i Montecchi, a retelling of Romeo and Juliet set amid the viciously warring factions of Venetian politics. Though the operas are big and the voices bigger, the performance space is quite intimate, with a homey atmosphere underlined by the singers' traditional, handmade costumes.