Ballet dancers spend an unusual amount of time on their toes, much like the coworker who creeps up behind your chair every day just to watch you for a while. Gaze at grace with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Oregon Ballet Theatre’s “Celebrating Balanchine”
- Where: Keller Auditorium
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $34 for area 3 seating (up to a $72.95 value)
- $48 for area 2 seating (up to a $102.70 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view available showtimes.<p>
First recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors Award. Cofounder of the New York City Ballet. Choreographer of more than 400 dances. These are just a few of the accomplishments of George Balanchine, one of the most recognized and celebrated figures in the world of ballet. Three decades after his death, the Oregon Ballet Theatre pays tribute to Balanchine’s legacy with a performance demonstrating his breathtaking range.<p>
- Stravinsky Violin Concerto: This energetic, unconventional piece sends dancers flirtatiously cavorting across stage, creating an atmosphere hailed upon its premiere “as joyous as a houseful of puppies.”
- The Prodigal Son: Underscored by the evocative strings of Sergei Prokofiev, the biblical parable’s themes of sin and redemption unfold in hypnotizing, kinetic action.
- Square Dance: The audience-favorite piece is set to the music of Vivaldi and Corelli, and sets the scene of a country dance with lighthearted footwork, shy pas de deux, and the aroma of freshly-mown hay.<p>
Oregon Ballet Theatre
Since debuting in 1989, the Oregon Ballet Theatre has built its reputation on two seemingly opposed elements: strict balletic classicism and newly commissioned works. Now the theatre enters a new era under artistic director Kevin Irving, whose background spans both classical and contemporary performances. As a dancer, Irving appeared with scores of companies, including the Alvin Ailey Training Ensemble and Elisa Monte Dance Company. In 1994, he retired from the stage to take a position as ballet master and head of the artistic department with Nacho Duato’s Compañia Nacional de Danza in Spain. Irving looks to take the Oregon Ballet Theatre to new heights, riffing off rave reviews from the Oregonian's Bob Hicks, who wrote that the theatre's Swan Lake is “a work of sumptuous geometric balances that echo the story's mirror-image theme.”
100% of 19 customers recommend
“Loved it! Very beautiful. Live orchestra.”
“Wonderful. I have been there for the Nutcracker many times before, with the performance being good. Because of the groupon, I decided to go again. This was by far...”
“Wonderful. I have been there for the Nutcracker many times before, with the performance being good. Because of the groupon, I decided to go again. This was by far the best performance.”
“Make sure you call and confirm how old your child needs to be in order to need a ticket. The show was great. The seats were in the second balcony but the design of...”
“Make sure you call and confirm how old your child needs to be in order to need a ticket. The show was great. The seats were in the second balcony but the design of the auditorium, they ended up being pretty good.”