- C$36 for one G-Pass to Ottawa Symphony Orchestra’s Winter Dance (up to C$73.50 value)
- When: Monday, January 19, at 8 p.m.
- Where: National Arts Centre
- Seating: orchestra section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Bartók—Dance Suite: When Béla Bartók was commissioned to compose a piece celebrating the 50th anniversary of the creation of Budapest, he nodded to the traditionalism of the old city Buda and the bustle of the commercial hub of Pest with a lively suite that evokes classic folk tunes.
- Brady—Requiem 21.5 – Concerto for Violin: Tim Brady’s Requiem 21.5 sprung from a seed of tragedy in 1984, when the death of his close friend Lawrence Beauregard inspired a piece devoted to the flutist’s memory. In 2009, he returned to the project, interweaving snippets of Mozart’s Requiem and Edgar Varèse’s Density 21.5 to make a heartbreaking whole.
- Shostakovich—Symphony No. 6: If the solemnity and measured pace of the first movement is to be believed, this symphony would be the perfect soundtrack to Death of a Salesman performed by turtles. But don’t be fooled—the tempo increases dramatically in the sprightly second movement.
Ottawa Symphony Orchestra
A Capital Region tradition since 1965—with roots that trace back even further—the Ottawa Symphony Orchestra prides itself on not only entertaining, but also enriching the community. The ensemble presents programs of gems from the romantic era to today's new creations, and invites audiences to join them before every concert for more insight into the music and the creators that make it all happen. Additionally, the musicians connect with local music-lovers by hosting frequent open rehearsals, concerts for students, backstage tours, and their unique Professional Mentoring Program for young performers.