- $33 for one G-Pass for seating in the orchestra or mezzanine (up to $73.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Values reflect the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Khachaturian—Masquerade Waltz: To score the Russian play Masquerade, Khachaturian sought inspiration from the time of its playwright, Mikhail Lermontov—the early 1800s. After strenuous search, the Armenian composer found the much-needed second theme for the suite’s romantic opening waltz, which led him swiftly through to the closing galop.
- Khachaturian—Violin Concerto: This lively crowd-pleaser, staple of the 20th century violin repertoire, and winner of the Stalin prize for arts in 1941 is filled with so much flighty virtuosity and Armenian folk influence that some critics of the time accused it of being too much fun.
- Shostakovich—Symphony No. 10: This emotional symphony evokes tragedy, despair, and violence before concluding in two brief minutes of well-earned triumph—a structure that has left many wondering if the work is actually about the reign of Stalin, especially since Stalin had Shostakovich publicly denounced. After all, the piece did debut in December of 1953, just months after Stalin’s death.
Ottawa Symphony Orchestra
A Capital Region tradition since 1965—with roots that trace back even further—the Ottawa Symphony Orchestra prides itself on not only entertaining, but also enriching the community. The ensemble presents programs of gems from the romantic era to today's new creations, and invites audiences to join them before every concert for more insight into the music and the creators that make it all happen. Additionally, the musicians connect with local music-lovers by hosting frequent open rehearsals, concerts for students, backstage tours, and their unique Professional Mentoring Program for young performers.