- $33 for one G-Pass for orchestra or mezzanine seating (up to $73.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Values reflect the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Boudreau—Berliner Momente III: Québécois composer Walter Boudreau weaves together themes from Haydn and Wagner in his third of four “Berliner” pieces.
- Liszt—Les Préludes: Liszt, the inventor of the symphonic poem, drew inspiration from de Lamartine’s “Méditations poetiques,” a part of which accompanies the score: “What else is our life than a series of preludes to an unknown song, whose first and solemn notes are intoned by death?” Much like the poem, the mood of Liszt’s piece slowly waxes and wanes, with a three-note motif linking one part to the next.
- Berlioz—Symphonie Fantastique: Leonard Bernstein called the Fantastique, “the first psychedelic symphony in history.” Indeed the composer himself describes the “plot” as revolving around a young lovesick musician who “poisons himself with opium” that “plunges him into a heavy sleep” wherein “his feelings, sensations and memories are translated by his sick brain into musical thoughts and images.” Considering that Berlioz was inspired by a romantic infatuation for Irish actress Harriet Smithson at the time he was writing this work, it’s likely that a good portion of that plot is autobiographical—which may explain its psychedelic nature.
Ottawa Symphony Orchestra
A Capital Region tradition since 1965—with roots that trace back even further—the Ottawa Symphony Orchestra prides itself on not only entertaining, but also enriching the community. The ensemble presents programs of gems from the romantic era to today's new creations, and invites audiences to join them before every concert for more insight into the music and the creators that make it all happen. Additionally, the musicians connect with local music-lovers by hosting frequent open rehearsals, concerts for students, backstage tours, and their unique Professional Mentoring Program for young performers.