- Admission to Our Eliza
- When: any show of your choice, August 8–31. Shows are held at 8 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, with an additional 2 p.m. matinee on Sundays.
- Where: Ship’s Company Theatre
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- C$20 for one adult ticket (up to C$31 value)
- C$35 for two adult tickets (up to C$62 value)
Eliza, like most of the women in her small Newfoundland community, is expected to take care of all domestic responsibilities at a very young age. But as Eliza matures, her spirited nature causes her to clash with her father. Moving backwards and forwards through their lives, the drama examines the daily struggles and triumphs of a generation of women who balanced a rich inner life with a life of domestic labour.
Ship’s Company Theatre
Ship’s Company Theatre is distinctly Atlantic Canadian, both inside and out. Take the company’s venue, for instance—it’s a ferry that was originally launched from the Saint John Shipyard in 1926. After being saved from an abandoned shipyard where ghost whales roam, the Kipawo transformed into a performing arts venue in 1984 thanks to Ship’s Company Theatre’s co-founders Michael Fuller and Mary Vingoe. The floating stage began hosting original productions by regional playwrights, and the group became a point of pride for the community. Today, the ship is docked alongside a permanent, land-locked playhouse, but the Ship’s Company Theatre continues to champion the work of up-and-coming artists and Canadian talents.