- $19 for one reserved ticket on Wednesday, February 24, at 7:30 p.m. (up to $38 value)
- $25 for one reserved ticket on Friday, February 26, at 7:30 p.m. (up to $49.25 value)
Our Voices Will Be Heard
Playwright Vera Starbard gently colors truth with fiction in this intensely personal play. Using a mother and daughter’s journey as its vehicle, the play slides some of life’s most-powerful aspects under the lens including abuse, love, healing, and forgiveness. Still, those deep personal issues aren’t the only way Our Voices Will Be Heard achieves its immediacy. That’s because it also utilizes the tradition of Alaskan native storytelling, linking familial ties with the stuff of legends to create a unique and authentic piece of theatre.
- 1979: the year Perseverance Theatre was founded
- 38: total seasons
- 65: world premiere productions, and counting
- 2: number of "R"s in Perseverance. It seems like there should be more, but no, it's just two.
- 15,000: approximate number of artists and audience members Perseverance reaches each year
- 1998: the year Paula Vogel won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama for her play How I Learned to Drive, which she wrote and developed while in residence at Perseverance
- 1: number of stories on NPR's All Things Considered focused on the theater's mission to serve its community
621 W 6th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99501