What You'll Get
- $119 for one admission to an all-day Kayaking The Hudson River and Wine excursion ($199 value)
- When: June 27, July 11, July 25, August 9, August 23, or September 12
- Where: departs from 8th Avenue between West 31st and West 33rd streets
- Wear or bring: weather-appropriate, water-safe wear with lots of layers; rain jackets, pants, and hat are recommended if the weather is uncertain; water shoes, secure sandals, or sneakers; hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, chapstick, and bug spray; day-pack for extra clothes, snacks, water, and camera, a waterproof or ziplock bag, small towel, change of footwear, and an optional change of clothes
- Difficulty: Outdoor Connections gives this excursion a moderate/intermediate trip rating.
- 7:45 a.m.: meet on 8th Avenue between W 31st Street and W 33rd Street, on the steps of the U.S. Post Office across from Penn Station
- Spend the day on the river and cap it off with a wine tasting at a local vineyard
- 5:30 p.m. (approximately): the bus returns you to the pickup spot after the trip is over.
Included in each trip
- Round-trip transportation
- Guide fees
- Equipment rentals
- Continental breakfast, picnic lunch, and wine tasting
Kayaking The Hudson River and Wine from Outdoor Connections
- On the Water: after a brief safety and paddling technique orientation, voyages venture out onto the river with possible destinations including Moodna Creek and Plum Point Park
- On the Shore: from their kayaks, adventurers will be in constant view of Breakneck Ridge and Storm King Mountain, and will pass the infamous Bannerman’s Castle
- Among the Vines: after coming ashore and enjoying a picnic lunch alfresco, the tours head toward a laid-back local vineyard where guests can sample some of their wares
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Dates subject to capacity and cancellation. Refundable only on day of purchase. Min. number of participants required or subject to cancellation. No value after date & time have passed. Any discount reflects experience provider’s current prices. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.