- $159 for one ticket to Kayaking and Beach BBQ (up to $229 value)
- When: Saturday, June 20; Sunday, July 12; and Sunday, July 26, at 7:45 a.m.
- Where: departs from 8th Avenue between West 31st and West 33rd streets
- Wear or bring: weather-appropriate, water-safe clothes with lots of layers; rain jackets and pants are recommended if the weather is uncertain; sunglasses, sunscreen, chapstick, and bug spray; day-pack for extra clothes, snacks, water, and camera; waterproof or ziplock bags; small towel, change of footwear, and perhaps a change of clothes
- Difficulty: Outdoor Connections gives this excursion a moderate trip rating.
- 7:30 a.m.: meet on 8th Avenue between W 31st Street and W 33rd Street, on the steps of the U.S. Post Office across from Penn Station, then depart at approximately 7:45 a.m.
- Spend the day kayaking the Hudson River followed by a beach barbecue
- 3:30 p.m. (approximately): the bus returns you to the pickup spot after the trip is over.
Included in each trip
- Round-trip transportation
- Equipment rentals
- Guide fees
- Snack and breakfast
- Beach BBQ
Kayaking and Beach BBQ
- The Voyage: a paddle down the Hudson River after a rundown of safety basics and correct techniques
- The Sights: adventurers will pass Bannerman’s Castle on their way towards Plum Point, all in the shadow of Breakneck Ridge and Storm King Mountain
- The Barbecue: marinated shrimp and chicken skewers, veggie burgers, beef sliders, and more on a secluded beach