- $159 for one admission to an all-day treetop adventure course excursion with round-trip transportation ($229 value)
- When: Saturday, June 13, or Sunday, July 5
- Wear or bring: form-fitting, comfortable clothing; weather-appropriate wear with lots of layers; closed-toe sneakers or boots with tread; day-pack with snacks, water, and camera; secure ties for long hair. Jewelry must be removed.
- Difficulty: Outdoor Connections gives this excursion a moderate-to-intermediate trip rating. All participants much be able to reach to 5’11” with arms and fingertips extended overhead.
- 8 a.m.: meet on 8th Avenue between W 31st Street and W 33rd Street, on the steps of the U.S. Post Office across from Penn Station, then depart for the course.
- Spend the day on five courses and other attractions
- 6:15 p.m. (approximately): the bus returns you to the pickup spot after the trip is over.
Included in each trip
- Round-trip transportation
- Course admission and fees
- Equipment rental
- Admission to mountain zip line or mountain coaster
- Continental breakfast and picnic lunch
Treetop Adventure Course Excursion from Outdoor Connections
The city falls away as the Outdoor Connections team makes for the forest in this daylong adventure. You’ll arrive on the ground amidst the trees, but after being fitted for a harness, completing a low-level practice course, and receiving a safety briefing, you’ll head up—straight up. But what goes up must come down, and this treetop excursion ends with a safe but spectacular decline.
Fun Up Above: The Treetop Challenges
Scamper through the trees and five distinct courses over 3.5 hours, zipping down ziplines, across ladder bridges and scramble nets, and through and over various Tarzan swings, wire walks, trapezes, slides, teeter longs, and more. Each course proves a greater challenge than the last, but the safety cable never wavers.
The Grand Finale: Down the Mountain
The last stop requires only your courage: a 1,000 ft. zipline down the mountain’s face—or, if you’ve had it with heights, a unique mountain roller coaster that tears down the slope, with passengers controlling the speed.
The Most Delicious Challenge
After a victory dance with your team, you’ll face down the terrifying prospect of devouring a picnic lunch in the fresh summer air.