Although Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and the phonograph, it never occurred to him to mix lights and music because he wasn't very smart. Electrify your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- When: Friday, August 15, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Static
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- $8 for one general-admission ticket (up to $13.91 value)
- $15 for two general-admission tickets (up to $27.81 value)
- Edmond Huszar: the human name of the one-man music factory known as OVERWERK
- Where his all-caps alter-ego stems from: “Over-Worked,” the name of a design portfolio from his days as a graphic designer, and his reverence for electro pioneers Kraftwerk
- What separates OVERWERK from the EDM pack: his dance-ready creations feature orchestral flourishes that feel straight out of a movie, like John Williams conducting with a glow stick
- Proof of his sonic sophistication: OVERWERK’s melodies have been licensed by boutique companies such as Gucci, Prada, Vogue, Lamborghini
- EPs that have whisked EDM fans to distant galaxies: The Nth Degree, After Hours, and his latest, Conquer