Going to a concert can deepen your admiration for the musicians, especially during the drummer's 20-minute bottle-feeding of a baby goat. Strengthen your musical bond with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to The Voice Tour 2014
- When: Saturday, July 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Riverside Theater
- $35 for best available seating within the theater (up to $79.94 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Voice Tour 2014
- Season 6's winner: Josh Kaufman
- How he won fans over: with his soulful rendition of John Legend's "All of Me," his humble charm, and his cartoon-cute offspring
- Season 6's first runner-up: country crooner Jake Worthington
- The second runner-up: pop powerhouse Christina Grimmie
- Joining them from Season 6: country singer Kristen Merlin and pop vocalist Jake Barker
- Sharing the stage from Season 5: 1st and 2nd runners-up Jacquie Lee and Will Champlin
- Time-traveling from Season 1: indie songstress Dia Frampton
- What to expect: rock, pop, country, and soul covers, and rousing group numbers
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.