- $25 for one ticket to see Rickie Lee Jones (up to $49.90 value)
- When: Thursday, July 16 at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Pabst Theater
- Seating: main floor
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
Rickie Lee Jones
- Rickie Lee Jones: the singer-songwriter known for her off-again, on-again associations with the likes of Tom Waits, Donald Fagen, and Randy Newman, and her unique vocal style combining jazz and folk
- Single that Exemplifies that Style: “Chuck E.’s in Love,” which noodles acrobatically over a toe-tappibly simple rhythm guitar line
- Her Latest: the crowd-funded album The Other Side of Desire, released June 23, 2015
The Riverside Theater
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.