What You'll Get
- One ticket to see Gladys Knight
- When: Saturday, October 11, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Riverside Theater
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- $50 for rows P–X of the main floor (up to $102.91 value)
- $35 for rows C–V of the balcony (up to $70.40 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Her nickname: the Empress of Soul
- 16: the age when she released her debut album with The Pips
- 7: the number of Grammy awards she’s earned
- Where you’ve heard her powerhouse voice: on the hits “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” “Midnight Train to Georgia,” “Every Beat of My Heart,” and “That’s What Friends Are For”
- Where you’ve seen her: on your TV screen if you were watching her guest spots on A Different World, Living Single, or 30 Rock
- Where you’ve danced with her: in your living room as you watched her perform on Dancing with the Stars
- Where you can see her name on a star cemented in a sidewalk: the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- What to expect at her live show: according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, “between-song chatter that’s almost as entertaining as the music”
About The Riverside Theater
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 11, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting at 5 p.m. on 10/11 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Riverside Theater. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Riverside Theater's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 90 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.