A great live performance is something you'll be able to describe to your kids someday, unlike the way they looked midbirth. Scream along to your favorites with this GrouponLive deal.
- $30 for one ticket to Party in the Park featuring Girl Talk, MGMT, The Joy Formidable, Minus the Bear, and Stokeswood (up to $48.56 value)
- When: Saturday, May 17, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Olympic Park
- General admission; blankets and soft-backed collapsible chairs permitted
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the complete lineup
Party in the Park
- Girl Talk: Gregg Gillis, a.k.a. Girl Talk, has been the king of mash-ups since his 2006 breakthrough Night Ripper bowled over dance floors and critics alike. With his sixth studio album on the way, Girl Talk treats audiences to a predictably ecstatic set of unpredictable pop collages.
- MGMT: From their beloved debut album—which included the indie-techno hits "Kids," "Electric Feel," and "Time to Pretend"—to their latest adventures in synth-drenched psychedelia, MGMT continues to craft intelligent dance music.
- The Joy Formidable: Rhiannon "Ritzy" Bryan's sometimes angelic, sometimes harrowing voice is the hallmark of this Welsh trio's alternative-rock sound. As heard in their latest album Wolf's Law, the band unleashes shoegazing walls of pretty distortion that evoke The Smashing Pumpkins and My Bloody Valentine.
- Minus the Bear: Although the Seattle-based indie-rock quintet is often categorized as "math rock" due to the trigonometry of their time signatures, the pop quizzes hidden in their CD cases, and perhaps their name, there's nothing puzzling about the infectious melodies that permeate their every album.
- Stokeswood: Atlanta representatives Stokewood refer to their sound as "Low-Endie"—a sonic casserole of driving synths and passionate vocals that creates a dance-ready atmosphere.