What You'll Get
- $15 for one ticket to see Pat Benatar, Neil Giraldo & Rick Springfield (up to $34 value)
- When: Wednesday, July 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Starlight Theatre
- Seating: terrace sections 1–7
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Pat Benatar, Neil Giraldo & Rick Springfield
- Number of Grammys Pat Benatar has on her trophy shelf: four
- Number of platinum albums gracing her wall: five
- Millions of hearts broken: six
- Best known for: “Love is a Battlefield,” “Heartbreaker,” “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
- Title of her New York Times–Bestselling memoir: Between a Heart and a Rock Place
- How you know Rick Springfield: you turned on the radio in the last 30 years; you obsessed over General Hospital in the ’80s; your buddy Jesse is starting to resent you
- Where you’ve seen him lately: on Dave Grohl’s Sound City documentary, record, and tour
- New track to check out: “The Man That Never Was” from the Sound City soundtrack
- Best known for: “I’ve Done Everything for You,” “Love Somebody,” “Don’t Talk to Strangers”
- Source of his enduring good looks and energy at age 63: Australian genes, probably?<p>
Among other things, the Starlight Theatre was born out of an eagerness to impress a woman with a fancy hat. In 1925, a visit from Romania’s Queen Marie led the Kansas City Federation of Music to organize a showcase of some of the city’s finest musicians—a performance they opened to the public as well. The response was overwhelming and gave the city the push needed to plan for a permanent outdoor venue. Since then, the Starlight’s stage has seen stars of rock, comedy, pop, and Broadway, including Jerry Lewis, who personally paid for a stage extension to bring him closer to his audience. A star of a different sort to steal the spotlight was President Harry Truman, who made a special appearance on the opening night of Mr. President, only to be rushed away by ambulance during intermission due to an attack of appendicitis.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 16, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 4/7 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Starlight Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.