- $23 for one G-Pass to see Pat Metheny Unity Group (up to $46 value)
- When: Saturday, February 8, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Orlando
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.<p>
Pat Metheny Unity Group
- Pat Metheny is: one of the most successful jazz guitarists of all time
- Pat Metheny’s awards: 20 Grammys in 10 different categories, 3 gold records, entry in the DownBeat Hall of Fame, most strings on one guitar
- What was that last one?: his custom-built Pikasso is the only instrument of its kind, with 42 strings, 4 necks, and 2 sound holes; when tuned to concert pitch, the strings apply about 1,000 pounds of pressure to the body
- Other band members include: tenor saxophonist Chris Potter, bassist Ben Williams, and drummer Antonio Sanchez
- What AllMusic said about their eponymous 2012 album: “Their interplay is not only intuitive, it’s informative…. Unity Band is a return to what [Metheny] does best: composing for, and playing with, a band of top-shelf players.”
- How the act has changed since then: they’ve added multi-instrumentalist Giulio Carmassi, and the band members have finally lost all their baby teeth
- What Metheny thinks the new quintet is capable of pulling off: “Just about anything will be possible.”<p>