- One G-Pass to see Pat Metheny Unity Group
- When: Saturday, November 22, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Santander Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $36 for rear balcony seating (up to $60.30 value)
- $43 for front balcony or rear orchestra seating (up to $70.75 value)
- $55 for front orchestra seating (up to $91.85 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Pat Metheny Unity Group
- Pat Metheny is: one of the most successful jazz guitarists of all time
- Pat Metheny’s awards: 20 Grammys in 10 different categories, 3 gold records, entry in the DownBeat Hall of Fame, most strings on one guitar
- What was that last one?: his custom-built Pikasso is the only instrument of its kind, with 42 strings, 4 necks, and 2 sound holes; when tuned to concert pitch, the strings apply about 1,000 pounds of pressure to the body
- Other band members include: tenor saxophonist Chris Potter, bassist Ben Williams, and drummer Antonio Sanchez
- What AllMusic said about their eponymous 2012 album: “Their interplay is not only intuitive, it’s informative…. Unity Band is a return to what Metheny does best: composing for, and playing with, a band of top-shelf players.”
- How the act has changed since then: they released 2014’s Kin after adding multi-instrumentalist Giulio Carmassi, and the band members have finally lost all their baby teeth
- What Metheny thinks the new quintet is capable of pulling off: “Just about anything will be possible.”