- One ticket to Paula Poundstone
- When: Tuesday, December 31, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Balboa Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $33 for the front orchestra or loge (up to $55.10 value)
- $26 for the rear orchestra (up to $44.10 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
Though this year marks the release of her second comedy album, Paula Poundstone is hardly a newcomer to the comedy scene. Frequent auto commuters, for instance, will recognize her distinctive voice from her regular appearances on NPR’s Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!, while longtime television viewers will recognize her distinctive presence from her first HBO special, Cats, Cops, and Stuff or her frequent sets on late-night talk shows. Whether delivering an amusing monologue or having an improvisational conversation with an audience member, Poundstone demonstrates the quick wit and confidence that caused Comedy Central to list her as one of the 100 Greatest Standups of All Time. The comedian has marked numerous firsts for the industry, including being the first woman to host the White House Correspondents Dinner, and the first person to make Carl Kasell stutter.<p>