Standup comedians typically draw from real life, such as bad relationships or how the zoo is crazy. Life’s a riot with this Groupon.
- $17 for two tickets to a regular comedy show (up to a $13 value apiece) and two domestic beers (a $3.50 value apiece; a $33 total value)
- When: Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. through December 31, 2013
- Where: Penguin’s Comedy Club
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the calendar of upcoming acts.<p>
Penguin’s Comedy Club requires a two-drink minimum per guest, which is not included in this Groupon.
Tim Cavanagh (October 4–5)
Comedian-musician seen on The Bob and Tom Show, Showtime, and Comedy Central
**Judy Tenuta (October 11–12)**
As seen in The Vagina Monologues, Menopause The Musical, and her own standup specials on Showtime, HBO, and Lifetime.
**[April Macie](http://www.aprilmacieishilarious.com/) (October 18–19)**
As seen on Last Comic Standing and the Howard Stern Show Warning: coarse language, unsettling theories about the male anatomy
Penguin's Comedy Club
As though scrawled by a member of the world's least-threatening street gang, the graffiti'd word "PENGUINS" on the stage's brick wall announces the venue's name. Nationally touring comics make that wall their backdrop every week, flooding the room with laughter as audience members accidentally flood their lungs with beer. The venue draws a number of recognizable industry names each month, with past appearances including Chris Kattan and Tom Arnold.