It’s often said that what matters is the singer, not the song, which is why music fans are still moved by Bing Crosby’s rendition of “99 Bottles of Beer.” Savor a voice that could sing the phone book with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $28, you get a night of dinner and dancing at Hot Havana Nights with Pepito Gómez at Drom (a $69 value). Choose from the following performances:
- Wednesday, December 14, at 7 p.m. Dinner is served at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 14, at 10 p.m. Dinner is served at 9 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17, at 7 p.m. Dinner is served at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17, at 10 p.m. Dinner is served at 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 21, at 7 p.m. Dinner is served at 6 p.m.<p>
Each ticket package includes:
- A full buffet dinner
- A live musical performance by Pepito Gómez
- An introductory salsa-dancing class<p>
Hailed by musicians and press from around the world, Pepito Gómez inspires widespread hip shaking with smoothly sung, traditional Cuban melodies. Wielding his experience performing internationally as well as numerous awards and staring-contest victories, Gómez boasts a soulful tenor impressive enough to have filled historic theaters such as Carnegie Hall, The Fillmore, and Italy’s La Tropical. As the dulcet tones of a live Cuban backing band wash over Drom’s hip, eclectic basement haven for global music, a full dinner buffet volunteers to subdue hunger pangs, and an introductory salsa lesson teaches guests basic dance steps and demonstrates how to reconcile feuding pairs of maracas.