What You'll Get
- One ticket to The Big Bang, performed by Williamston Theatre
- When: August 24 and 28–31; choose your showtime upon checkout.
- Where: Performance Network Theatre
- Seating: best available upon purchase
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $27 to see a Sunday or Friday performance (up to $36.14 value)
- $22 to see the Thursday-evening or Saturday-matinee performance (up to $28.90 value)
- $30 to see the Saturday-evening performance (up to $41.32 value)
The Big Bang
It’s the musical story of the universe, starting from the dawn of time and going all the way up to present day. Or, more accurately, it’s the musical story of two men trying to tell the musical story of the universe. The audience plays a group of financiers to whom Jed and Boyd—who boast curiously similar names to the show’s actual writers—are trying to pitch the most expansive—and expensive—stage musical of all time.
It all happens in the borrowed Park Avenue apartment of Dr. and Mrs. Sid Lipbalm, who may not have realized that the writers value their pitch more than they value the condition of their furniture. As Jed and Boyd sing of the pyramids, Columbus, and Cher, the pair tear down curtains for costumes, repurpose lampshades as hats, and make liberal use of the couple’s full-size replica of the Wright Brothers’ airplane.
Performance Network Theatre
Connecting award-winning actors to classic contemporary theater, Performance Network Theatre stages everything from puppet-based comedies to harrowing dramas in which the puppeteer is revealed to be the director. Since 2008 alone, the company has landed more than two dozen Wilde Awards and two Edgerton Foundation New American Play Awards—many of their productions are world premieres.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Performance Network Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Performance Network Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Must redeem together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.