- $12 for one ticket to see Perpetual Motion (up to $20 value)
- When: Saturday, March 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Simmons Center Theater
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
A dancer performs an elegant arabesque, reminiscent of classical ballet—only she’s suspended in midair, with her uplifted foot entwined in a bolt of vivid red silk. This is a scene set by Perpetual Motion, a dance troupe known for its innovative fusing of aerial movements with gravity-bound choreography. Company members perform twists and spins while dangling from harnesses, hoops, or extremely large magnets, all to an eclectic soundtrack that might move droning electronic beats to Eastern-influenced compositions. It’s all in pursuit of an experience that, in the group’s own words, aims “to harness the energies of the human imagination.”