- $21 for one ticket to The Mountaintop (up to $34.75 value)
- When: Wednesday, February 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Alaska Center for the Performing Arts – Sydney Laurence Theatre
- Seating: section 300
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
Set in room 306 of Memphis’ Lorraine Hotel on April 4, 1968, The Mountaintop paints a portrait of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on the last night of his life. Uneasily writing a speech in his dingy room, King orders room service and finds a lively conversation companion in Camae, the maid who delivers his food. Their shared words reveal “a relationship that is breathtaking, hilarious and heart-stopping in its exchanges and in its speedy ability to reveal character and pull the audience into the ring,” according to the Independent.
- 1979: the year Perseverance Theatre was founded
- 38: total seasons
- 65: world premiere productions, and counting
- 2: number of "R"s in Perseverance. It seems like there should be more, but no, it's just two.
- 15,000: approximate number of artists and audience members Perseverance reaches each year
- 1998: the year Paula Vogel won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama for her play How I Learned to Drive, which she wrote and developed while in residence at Perseverance
- 1: number of stories on NPR's All Things Considered focused on the theater's mission to serve its community
621 W 6th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99501