The first films to incorporate sound were known as “talkies,” just as the word “walkies” was applied to the first plays not starring cardboard actors. Celebrate theatrical innovation with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $100, you get a theater outing for two to JM Barrie’s Peter Pan, presented by threesixty and located on City Hall Plaza directly in front of City Hall (up to a $200 value, including ticketing fees). Each two-person package includes:
- Two tickets for prime seating in Section B, C, or D
- Two souvenir programs
- Two Peter Pan posters<p>
Choose from the following shows:
- Saturday, November 26, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 27, at 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 2, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4, at 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 9, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 10, at 11 a.m.
- Sunday, December 11, at 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 16, at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 20, at 7 p.m.<p>
Enhanced by 360-degree CGI projections surrounding a circular stage, this panoptical production of Peter Pan promises thrilling action and a retelling of the classic story, which, just like JM Barrie’s original tale, delights children and adults alike. Audiences view the more than two-hour production from tiered seats in the show’s special Threesixty Theatre, allowing multifaceted actors to use their collection of extra faces to full effect. A talented cast acts the parts of Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Tinker Bell with magical panache, exploring the nature of childhood and the passage of time with the light-hearted innocence for which the story is famous. During the show, look sharp as puppeteers manipulate a lifelike model of the original clock-hungry crocodile. This show is not recommended for children aged 5 or younger.
1 City Hall Ave.
Boston, Massachusetts 02201