Nine out of 9 doctors agree that laughter is contagious and only stops when the patient has mutated into a giant rubber chicken. Get under the weather with today’s GrouponLive deal to see a BYOB show at pH Productions Comedy Theater. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get two tickets (up to a $22.68 value, including all ticketing fees).
- For $18, you get four tickets (up to a $45.36 value, including all ticketing fees).
- For $34, you get six tickets (up to a $68.04 value, including all ticketing fees).<p>
Each ticket option is valid for one of the following shows:
- pHlip Cup, held every Friday at 10 p.m.
- pHrenzy, held every Friday at midnight
- pHamily the Musical, held every Saturday at 10 p.m.
- pHrenzy (a bawdier, more adult-oriented version), held every Saturday at midnight<p>
The quick-witted troupe of performers at pH Productions stirs up a rollicking concoction of comedy that bubbles with equal parts improv and audience interaction. Each Friday at 10 p.m., pHlip Cup explores the competitive side of drinking games as the cast guzzles down crowd suggestions before challenging audience members and extremely lost fraternity members to a game of flip cup. Midnight pHrenzy performances pit eight jesters against each other in a laugh-splattered battle for audience approval, whereas live music, dancing, and crowd suggestions combine to create pHamily the Musical. To close out each weekend, quipsters once again wrestle joke-for-joke during cutthroat sessions of a bawdier version of pHrenzy, which covers such controversial subjects as religion, politics, and the oats-to-marshmallow ratio of Lucky Charms.
The pH Comedy Theater
The quick-witted troupe of performers at pH Productions stirs up a rollicking concoction of comedy that bubbles with equal parts improv and audience interaction. Founded in 2002, the troupe's scientific moniker celebrates the onstage chemistry that leads to a great night of improv and leaves nothing but a neutral puddle of goo when incompatible performers accidentally touch. Classes teach would-be improvisers the arts of extemporaneous comedy with a focus on hands-on learning, and a slate of shows delight audiences with long- and short-form sketches, many of which have been recognized with the Chicago Reader's Critic's Choice award.
3110 N Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60657