Though most scholars credit James Naismith with the invention of basketball, Buckingham Palace historians have uncovered evidence of Elizabethan peach baskets torn to bits by the queen’s rim-shaking tomahawk dunks. Marvel at modern jams with this GrouponLive deal to see the Phoenix Mercury at the US Airways Center. Doors open 90 minutes before game time. Choose between the following options:
- For $12, you get a game-day package (up to a $61.75 total value), which includes:
- One ticket for seating in sections 104–124, NC1–2, or NC5–6 (up to a $56.75 value, including all fees)
An opportunity to watch pregame warm-ups (a $5 value)<p>
- For $22, you get a game-day package (up to a $71.75 total value), which includes:
- One ticket for seating in sections 103–123 (up to a $66.75 value, including all fees)
- An opportunity to watch pregame warm-ups (a $5 value)<p>
Choose from the following games:
- Against the Connecticut Sun on Wednesday, September 12, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Tulsa Shock on Friday, September 14, at 7 p.m.
- Against Chicago Sky on Sunday, September 16, at 3 p.m.<p>
After claiming the WNBA title in 2007 and 2009, the Phoenix Mercury seek to close out a 2012 campaign with a string of victories as the regular season wraps up. Guard DeWanna Bonner has leapt into the role as team leader, averaging 19 points per game and delivering the day’s homework assignments to the team every evening. First-year guard Samantha Prahalis joins Bonner in the Mercury backcourt with consistent play of her own. Despite being a rookie, Prahalis has started all 21 games for the Mercury this season, proving to be more beneficial than training regimens that use medicine balls as just that, medicine.
201 E Jefferson St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85004