- One ticket to William Inge’s Picnic presented by Agape Actors Co-Op
- When: August 6–16
- Where: The Black Box Theatre at East View High School
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- $7 for one senior/child ticket (up to $15 value)
- $11 for one adult ticket (up to $20 value)
Set during a Labor Day picnic in a Midwestern town of the 1950s, the show starts with the arrival of Hal Carter, a dashing, unpredictable man whose ne’er-do-well exterior hides a tender heart and several other organs of similar consistency. As he falls for one of the town’s girls, the beautiful Madge—who happens to be romantically involved with his old college friend—his unsettling presence causes a disruption among the inhabitants of the conservative burg, including Madge’s overweening mother, Flo, her tomboyish sister, Millie, and their loose-cannon schoolteacher, Rosemary. Flaring passions follow, with the young lovers forced to decide what is most important, and who they truly want to be with.