All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $24 for Orchestra or Balcony seating ($61 value)
- Click to see the seating chart.
- How the band sums up its sound: “If the United Nations had a house band in 1962, we’d be it.”
- Size of the band: big for a pop band, little for an orchestra (and including up to 12 members at a time)
- Size of the band’s repertoire: enormous, spanning classical, jazz, standards, and pop from all over the world
- Origin story: While working in politics in the ’90s, pianist Thomas Lauderdale found himself appalled at the low quality of music played at fundraisers—and set out to create an ensemble whose appeal would transcend party lines.
- A few famous collaborators: Rufus Wainwright, Carol Channing, the original cast of Sesame Street, and the von Trapps (actual descendants of the Captain and Maria), with whom they just released the album Dream a Little Dream
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 12, 2015. Limit 8/person. Redeem 11/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Early redemption available. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Not valid in combination with promo codes Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Schermerhorn Symphony Center
Even though it opened in 2006, Schermerhorn Symphony Center looks like it's been a part of the landscape for centuries. That's because the center, which is named for Nashville Symphony's late maestro Kenneth Schermerhorn, took its design cues from famed European concert halls. Its classic appearance is enhanced by 30 soundproof windows, which allow natural sunlight or unnatural spaceship lights to stream in. A custom-built organ rings out through the hall, and a convertible seating design allows the hall to morph into a ballroom floor for cabaret shows or weddings.