What You'll Get
- $55 for one ticket to see Piper Kerman, author of Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison (up to $96 value)
- When: Wednesday, May 6, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Winspear Centre
- Seating: orchestra
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Piper Kerman is: the author of the surprisingly funny autobiography Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison
- How she ended up in the big house: a money-laundering and drug trafficking charge, which sometimes happens when you fall in love with a heroin dealer
- If you’ve never read the book: you’ve probably one of the millions who has binge-watched the acclaimed series on Netflix
- If you’re a fan of the show: you know Piper Kerman best as Piper Chapman, her television surrogate played by Emmy-nominee Taylor Schilling
- What’s happened since Piper got out: she landed a role on the board of the Women’s Prison Association, testified before a Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on solitary confinement issues, and earned a Justice Trailblazer Award from the John Jay College Center on Media, Crime & Justice
- What to expect from her lecture: inspiring tales of hope and perseverance, impassioned rallying calls for justice reform, and perhaps some riveting stories of her prison days
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 7, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 5/5 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Winspear Centre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Let's Talk Entertainment's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.