The right lighting can set the mood, whether it's the twinkle of fireflies, a full moon in a starry sky, or a glowing lava flow oozing through a downtown thoroughfare. Heat up the night with this GrouponLive deal to see the Pittsburgh CLO’s production of A Grand Night for Singing at the Cabaret at Theater Square. For $20, you get one ticket for best-available seating (up to a $44.75 value, depending on the date chosen). Doors open 90 minutes before showtime. Choose from the following performances:
- Friday, October 26, at 7:30 p.m. (a $39.75 value)
- Saturday, October 27, at 2 p.m. (a $34.75 value)
- Saturday, October 27, at 7:30 p.m. (a $44.75 value)
- Sunday, October 28, at 2 p.m. (a $34.75 value)
- Wednesday, October 31, at 7:30 p.m. (a $39.75 value)
- Thursday, November 1, at 7:30 p.m. (a $39.75 value)
Packed with more than 30 timeless Rodgers and Hammerstein hits, the aptly titled A Grand Night for Singing takes audiences on a musical journey from the joys of puppy love to the responsibilities of adulthood. The revue garnered two Tony Award nominations for its no-filler repertoire, entertaining audiences with the crescendoing strings and swelling vibrato of Oklahoma’s “Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’” alongside more obscure cuts such as “The Man I Used to Be” from the lesser known Pipe Dream. Time visibly passes onstage as costumes change and the hands of overworked clocks develop arthritis, but the love expressed between characters endures.