What You'll Get
- $30 for two tickets to see A Chorus Line (up to $60 value)
- Where: Byham Theater
- Seating: best available
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- Thursday, October 23, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 24, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 25, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 26, at 2 p.m.
A Chorus Line
The longest-running Broadway musical until Cats overtook it in 1997, A Chorus Line is one of the best beloved stage productions of all time. The awards speak for themselves. After one year on stage, it took home nine Tonys, five Drama Desks, a Pulitzer Prize for Drama, and a World’s Greatest Grampa mug, although someone may have just left that at the theater. Here’s a look at the show through its hits:
- “I Hope I Get It”: Seventeen triple threats compete for only eight spots in the titular chorus line, each propelled by a different life story. To make the decision, the director settles on an unconventional method for getting to know his prospective cast members: he asks them.
- “I Can Do That”: The youngest of 12 kids, Mike sought the stage as a place to stand out, although he now vies just to find a place in the background.
- “Sing!”: As the audience and her fellow auditioners learn firsthand, Kristine has a passion for the stage, but doesn’t have a musical bone in her body.
- “Dance: Ten; Looks: Three”: Val has learned firsthand that appearances can make or break a performer’s career—so in order to land this job, she’s banking on her recent plastic surgery.
- “One (Singular Sensation)”: The big number of the show being cast takes on new resonance for the director, as his former girlfriend Cassie shows up to audition for a role he knows is beneath her talents.
This is a student production in collaboration with the Pittsburgh CAPA Orchestra.
Pittsburgh Musical Theater
A nonprofit arts organization, Pittsburgh Musical Theater has energized the tapping of toes for more than two decades. The historic Byham Theater dates back to 1903, when the venue was originally erected as the Gayety Theater, and now fills its flashing marquee with Broadway shows, dance troupes, and films.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Online reservation required. Redeem starting 24hr after reservation for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Byham Theater. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Pittsburgh Musical Theater's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.