Seeing a tribute band can be like going back in time, but without the obligation to capture history's greatest criminals. Make memories, not enemies with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7 for one ticket to see Planet Earth – A Tribute to Duran Duran & Cosmic Thing – Tribute to the B-52s (up to $14 value)
- When: Saturday, April 5, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues San Diego
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Valid for ages 21 and older.
- Click here to view the venue layout.
- What Duran Duran was named after: the character "Dr. Durand Durand" from the Jane Fonda sci-fi classic Barbarella
- What Planet Earth was named after: the infectious first single from Duran Duran's 1981 debut
- Their look: the skinny ties and new-wave 'dos that made Duran Duran Teen Beat centerfolds in the '80s
- Best reason to wear your elk costume: to see if they mean it when they sing "Hungry Like the Wolf"
- What Cosmic Thing was named after: the 1989 record that earned the B-52s mainstream success
- Their look: mirror images of the B-52s, with a surrogate Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson rocking the beehive hairdos
- What the show is like: a summer beach party, but indoors and in April
- In other words: "everybody's movin', everybody's groovin', baby / folks linin' up outside just to get down"
- Hits to dance to: "Love Shack" and "Rock Lobster," along with fan-favorites such as "Private Idaho" and "Strobe Light"
House of Blues San Diego
1055 5th Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101