What You'll Get
- $20 for one G-Pass see to P.O.D. with Hoobastank (up to $34 value)
- When: Thursday, August 20, at 8:30 p.m
- Where: Mayan Theater
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Must be 21 years or older with valid ID to access balcony; patrons under 21 years of age are restricted to floor access only.
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The sound: although they made their mark as a hard-driving nü metal act in the early 2000’s, the band has since expanded its sonic palette with reggae and Latin grooves and a little punk rock punch, and racked up three Grammy nominations and 12 million sales in the process
- The name: it’s an acronym that stands for “Payable On Death,” which ties to the Christian theology that permeates their lyrics
- The leap of faith: despite living out of their car, the young and hungry band turned down a $100,000 record deal in 1998 because “God had a bigger plan for P.O.D.”
- “Alive”: the uplifting 2001 rap-metal classic that became one of MTV and MTV2’s most played videos of that year, gave hope to listeners in the aftermath of 9/11, and is typically the grand finale of every P.O.D. concert
- The Awakening: P.O.D.’s tenth studio album, which drops on August 21
- The inspiration: of the new album’s conceptual nature, singer Sonny Sandoval says, “We’re putting something together that tells a story. Maybe it’s just for us, maybe it’s not for your average listener, but it’s something we’re having a lot of fun doing.”
- The sound: Seattle grunge by way of Californian skateparks; a typically intense, sometimes tender, and always melodic stew that’s earned the group a Grammy nomination and 10 million sales
- The name: it was silly pronunciation of a street in Germany that stuck
- The big break: after gaining buzz along the Cali coast for their live shows and forming a friendship with Incubus, the Hooba-fellas landed a major record deal and quickly crushed the charts with their self-titled platinum debut, featuring the breakthrough “Crawling in the Dark”
- “The Reason”: the Grammy-nominated transatlantic smash that became the band’s biggest hit and was featured in the series finale of Friends
- For fans of: Incubus, 3 Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Nickelback, Creed
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 21, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21+ with valid ID to access balcony. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.