The desire to move quickly is one of mankind’s oldest instincts, prompting the invention of the wheel, the airplane, and the drive-thru dentist’s office. See some real speed freaks in action with today’s Groupon to Port City Raceway. Choose between the following options:
• For $11, you get an evening at the races for one adult (a $9 value) and one child (a $4 value), plus refreshments (a $10.75 value; a $23.75 total value). Children must be 6–12 years old, and children 5 and younger enter free.
• For $14, you get an evening at the races for two adults (an $18 value) plus refreshments (a $10.75 value; a $28.75 total value).
The refreshments include:
• Two hot dogs (a $2.50 value each)
• One popcorn (a $1.25 value)
• Two drinks (a $2.25 value each)
Port City Raceway packs weekends with high-octane fun in pintsize packages with six classes of microsprint car racing on Friday and Saturday nights. Adrenaline aficionados thrill while watching drivers ages 6 to adult zoom around a high-banked oval dirt track in winged, wingless, and Paul McCartney & Wings–themed cars. Cheer on your favorite driver as he or she battles for the checkered flag, then join in an enthusiastic round of high-fives in the pit after the races, taking a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the high-speed horseless carriages. During intermissions, race-goers join in the action, doing their best avian impression in the timeless chicken dance or testing their mettle on the track during bicycle races. Today’s Groupon also includes two hot dogs, popcorn, and two drinks, which can be picked up at the raceway’s fully stocked concession stand or skewered with the aid of a sharpened foam finger. Doors open at 5 p.m., and races start at 8 p.m., weather permitting. Bleacher seating is available, but many patrons park their own chairs and blankets on the grass-covered lawn.
This Groupon's expiration date has been extended to April 14, 2012, as the new season starts March 2012.
15625 E Pine St.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74116