- $9 for one ticket to Dirty Audio featuring Kicks N Licks, Smookie Illson, and Elektro Riot (up to $26.10 value)
- When: Saturday, December 20, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Portage Theater
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- General admission
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Dirty Audio: Ying Yang Twins, Yultron, and IE-Z are just a few of the many hip-hop and EDM artists this L.A.-based DJ incorporates into his frenetic mixes
- Kicks N Licks: this SoCal duo pulls from their backgrounds in hip-hop production when creating EDM hits such as “Monsters,” which hit no. 5 on the Beatport Dubstep Chart and is Godzilla’s favorite soundtrack for destroying buildings
- Smookie Illson: bass-heavy mixes have become the calling card of this elusive Atlanta-based trio, who get crowds moving with re-worked hits by DJ Assault, Deekline, and Porn & Chicken
- Elektro Riot: two Chicago drummers transform their love of percussion into dance-ready remixes and original tracks
The Portage Theater
Most theaters in the 1920s were built to showcase vaudeville acts. The Portage Theater, however, was ahead of its time by focusing on film. The silver screen remained its specialty through 2001, when it closed due to dwindling audiences and countless actors leaving Hollywood to pursue animal husbandry. After extensive renovations, it reopened in 2006, this time to showcase a variety of performances—from movies to concerts to special events—and even star in one of its own: it was prominently featured in the mob-era film, Public Enemies.