What You'll Get
- $12.50 for one G-Pass to see the Portland Youth Philharmonic – Winter Concert (up to $20.95 value)
- When: Saturday, March 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Seating: orchestra section
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app.<p>
- Walczyk—Celebration Fanfare: Walczyk, a Portland native and Portland Youth Philharmonic alumnus, awakens the senses with a growing shimmer of bells and flutes that begin a call-and-response trade-off with brass and percussion.
- Bartok—Concerto for Viola: Samuel Zacharia, the 15-year-old PYP Concerto Competition Winner and co-principal viola player, gives a virtuosic performance of one of Bartok’s last pieces. Left unfinished in a pile on his bedside table when he died, the Hungarian composer’s concerto was finished by his friend Tibor Serly and features bassoons, flutes, trumpets, and timpani.
- Shostakovich—Symphony No. 4: Afraid of political persecution, Dmitri Shostakovich silenced the 1936 premiere of his fourth symphony. Twenty-five years later, he was no longer fearful, and audiences were finally treated to the first performance; Shostakovich was so proud of his work he did not change a single note.<p>
Portland Youth Philharmonic
As America’s first youth orchestra, the Portland Youth Philharmonic could just skate by on this distinction alone. But it doesn’t. Throughout its 90-year history, the three-time ASCAP winner for Adventurous Music Programming has continued to prepare young people to pursue a wide variety of professional careers, some of whom have go on to perform with institutions such as the New York Philharmonic, the Boston Symphony, and the Oregon Symphony.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 2, 2014. Limit 8 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall on 3/1. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.