Horses are known for their beauty, which is why so many of them are the spokesmen for makeup companies. Watch something pretty with this GrouponLive deal.
- $99 for one parking space at the Potomac Hunt Races (a $200 value)
- When: Sunday, May 19 at noon; first race is at 1 p.m.
- Where: Potomac Hunt Races
- Seating: First-row infield or outside rail-side parking space; see the details of both first-row areas here
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Reservation required on or before May 9; not valid for redemption on day of show.
The Scouting Report
Horses and riders rumble onto the fields of Kiplinger Estate for the annual Potomac Hunt Races on Sunday, May 19. During this day of competition, contestants clash for cash and trophies across eight different events, starting with the Washington D.C. International at 1 p.m. Amid the thundering hooves of equine rivals and the piercing howls of losing jockeys, attendees can tailgate along the rail with refreshments brought from home, or with food and drinks purchased from on-site vendors. The event also features other recreational festivities, including mounted police demonstrations and pony rides. Races are held rain or shine.
Potomac Hunt Races
The first running of the Potomac Hunt Races took place in 1952, and the event has been an annual tradition in Montgomery County ever since. The event celebrates steeplechase racing—a form of competition that originated in 18th-century Ireland, when riders would dash across uneven terrain and use towering church steeples as their beacons. Today, regular two- to four-mile tracks have become the battlegrounds for steeplechase events, and horses equipped with on-board GPS systems have made church steeples obsolete. Potomac Hunt Races carries on the tradition of this modern-day version of steeplechase racing, while implementing a tradition of its own: donating a portion of the proceeds from each year's event to charity.
14401 Partnership Rd.
Poolesville, MD 20837Get Directions