The Harry Potter series captured the minds of children throughout America, enticing them with magic, a courageous hero, and an inspiring glimpse at the metric system. Celebrate the best of the wizard world with this GrouponLive deal.
- Potted Potter – The Unauthorized Harry Experience
- Where: Little Shubert Theatre
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view all available show options.<p>
- $48 for orchestra seating, rows D–Q (up to a $78.49 value)
- $55 for orchestra seating, rows D–Q (up to an $88.49 value)
- $55 for premium seating, rows AA–C (up to a $108.49 value)
- Orchestra seating prices vary by performance.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Groupons are also available for showtimes from May 30 through June 13. Click here to view additional dates and showtimes.<p>
Comedic duo and TV regulars Daniel Clarkson and Jeff Turner take on and take off the immense lexicon of all seven Harry Potter books in a scant 70 minutes during performances of their unofficial parody, Potted Potter. Jeff dons the signature glasses and wields the wand of the titular hero, his forehead scar replaced with a hastily scrawled “Harry,” and Dan plays each of the more than 300 other characters. He slips into a muscle suit and devil horns to portray Voldemort, dons a pointed wizard hat to take the role of headmaster Dumbledore, and controls a small puppet for the lovable elf Dobby. The comedy flows not only from the pair’s interpretation of the series and their overactive humor glands, but also from their onstage relationship, as resident wizard expert Jeff becomes increasingly frustrated with Dan’s tenuous knowledge of the source material and irresponsible use of the show’s budget. The pair also engages the audience in an interactive game of the wizard sport, Quidditch. Now back in New York for a limited engagement following a successful world tour, Potted Potter has earned accolades from the New York Times and Time Out London, as well as a 2012 Olivier Awards nomination.