Theater challenges audiences by blending the real and the imaginary, much like a neighbor who accuses you of giving her goiters with your brain. Enhance reality with this GrouponLive deal to see Prairie Dog Playhouse present Tonto Tales at the IdeaStudio at The WaterCooler. For $15, you get two tickets for general admission (up to a $30 value). Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. Choose from the following performances:
- Friday, February 8, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 9, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 15, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 16, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 22, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 23, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, February 24, at 2 p.m.
- Friday, March 1, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3, at 2 p.m.
For 12 years, Prairie Dog Playhouse has tickled funny bones both young and old with original scripts that parody pop culture and classical stories. In Tonto Tales, audiences catch up with radio and television hero The Lone Ranger and his trusty Native American sidekick, Tonto, as they blaze across the Old West fighting injustice, expending silver bullets, and bellowing “Hi-yo, Silver! Away!” On a mission to prevent the villainous Judge Cravin and Dead Eye Dawson Taylor from committing dirty deeds, Tonto and his “ke-mo sah-bee” saddle up their trusty steeds for a galloping adventure chock full of action, catch phrases, and outbursts of the "William Tell Overture.” This parody combines musicality and melodrama, and is appropriate for audiences of all ages.