- $19 for one G-Pass to see The Psychedelic Furs & The Church (up to $55.15 value)
- When: Thursday, August 20, at 8 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Seating: front balcony, mid-balcony, upper balcony, or gallery
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
The Psychedelic Furs
- The sound of The Psychedelic Furs: the mischievous, romantic, moody, fussy, lush, often-brooding epitome of ’80s new wave
- How the Furs have stayed psychedelic since the late ’70s: thanks to the unique voice of leader Richard Butler
- The bad news: the band hasn’t released a new album since 1991
- The good news: they love to play the hits, letting audiences sing along to favorites such as “Pretty in Pink,” “Love My Way,” and “Heaven”
- The sound of openers The Church: trailblazing post-punk from Australia
- How it’s different from most post-punk: the band experiments with everything from ’60s folk to mainstream pop and prog-rock
- Check out: “Under the Milky Way,” their 1988 international hit single; Further/Deeper, their 2014 release and 21st full-length record
State Theatre New Jersey
The State Theatre New Jersey was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre New Jersey to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.